Monday, September 17, 2007

Memorable Kids' Birthday Party Ideas Require Little More Than Their Imagination, And Yours!

It never discontinues to surprise me when a chap ma acknowledges that she is challenged when forced to come up up with kids' birthday political party ideas. As a ma myself that is busy juggle a few too many balls, I cognize that it's challenging to lose yourself in "pretendland." In fact, it looks self-indulgent to allow the ingenious juices flow, especially when your to-do listing goes on to grow. But my kids... Wow! I just watch them for 30 proceedings or an hr and experience the powerfulness of "make believe." Inevitably, after we watch a film or read a book, one of them will say, "Let's play that! You be 'Peeta,' and I'll be Wendy!" In a moment, their room is transformed into Neverland, complete with tree houses for lost male children and H2O that must be avoided for fearfulness of the crocodile.

I see parents disbursement a luck on excessive birthday bashes; hiring clowns, magicians, ponies, and all mode of other entertainment. Not that there is anything incorrect with that, if it's within your means. But a birthday that volition unrecorded forever in a child's memory makes not necessitate you to empty your pocketbooks. If they can make Neverland come up alive with nothing, just believe about what their imaginativenesses can do with a few props! We had a great political party where all we provided was a room full of moving boxes and markers for 5-year olds. The children spent an hr transforming them into an full neighborhood. Each box was a house, complete with doors and windows. Some even had flower boxes attached. Some had piece of furniture and fine art drawn on the insides. Then, bar was delivered to everyone's doorstep!

When I was 12, my household planned a political party for me at the local H2O parkland but as the twenty-four hours approached, it was clear that the weather condition wasn't going to cooperate. In fact, a class 3 hurricane was scheduled to hit the Lone-Star State gulf that very weekend. But my girlfriends and I didn't allow the grim weather condition destroy our fun. We set on our swimming lawsuits and turned my sleeping room into a "pretend" H2O park, floating down the lazy river wearing dark glasses and hats... on edible bean bags! When the winds died down a bit, we actually had some H2O merriment by running outside and playing in the rain! The cool thing was that we were so involved in our "pretend play" (yes, even at 12) that it seemed perfectly real. When I got the images back, I actually drew in large moving ridges in the background. Remembering that political party do me smile. It wasn't just one of my best birthdays but one of my happiest memories from childhood.

Just today as we were leaving the lawn tennis court, my best friend says, "Molly desires a stone and axial rotation party. What the heck makes that mean?" C'mon, Dee. Think Hannah Treasure State or Cheetah Girls."

"Okay, but what make you make at a stone and axial rotation party?"

"You feign you're a stone star! You know... spandex, leopard print, dark glasses, boas... you set on some loud music, dance and scream. Doesn't that sound like F-U-N?"

Coming up with kids' birthday political party ideas is easy... just feign you're a kid!

No comments: